Monday, February 21, 2011

Scavenger Hunt

Today we did the scavenger hunt, which was designed to get us more acquainted with the city. It was scorching hot out so I was like dying with every step; I'm talking 90 degrees with 100% humidity. We started out on Queens Street which is the big shopping area for Brisbane and eventually made our way to South Bank. We had to do some crazy tasks and stuff like switch t-shirts with a stranger, kiss a stranger, ride a cannon, act like a kangaroo, take a picture of buns in a bakery, and crazy things like that. I was literally trying to stay in any place that was shade or A/C, I mean come on I'm from Minnesota I don't deal with this heat.

After that we got food and played this game called bowls, which is kind of like bocce ball except that the balls are weights an you roll it on this turf stuff; needless to say I wasn't to good at it. The food here is AMAZING though, I don't think I've had a meal where I was displeased. I'm more excited for tomorrow when we have our toga party! I will have to admit it is a little weird having the RA's encouraging us to drink, but hey it's college. We also have a market day tomorrow (I mentioned it earlier). I'm anxious to get free stuff from it so my room won't be so plain. I also did my laundry finally and  I have quite a few clothes, but I still want to go shopping. They have a little different style then we do in America so why not try to blend in. I just wish things were so damn expensive, but I'll live.

Tomorrow is the awesome toga party I'll post another update about that and the rest of the festivities later. I'm pretty tired tonight it has been a long day, I mean I was woken up by a megaphone. What is this Van Wilder? Maybe....

1 comment:

  1. get over the heat yer there for 4 months...quit bitching but that random stuff is what i live for!

    ReplyDelete