Thursday, February 24, 2011

Differences

We had a pub crawl yesterday for part of O-Week it was pretty fun like everything here is. I haven't really talked about the differences I've experienced, so I thought I should spend some time doing that. First off, it is a lot like America and I didn't experience a lot of culture shock if any. That might be due to me being extremely independent, maybe it'll hit me later or something.

It's been interesting trying to adjust to the lingo here, I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Oh, and the coins, they have 1 and 2 dollar coins instead of notes; I always have a ton of coins now it's slightly annoying. The bus pass is pretty neat here you get this Go card and you swipe it when you get on and swipe when you get off and are charged for how long you are on it. Now SCSU needs to take a page from the Australia's universities, we have such a garbage orientation it's embarrassing. You do so many fun things here that help everyone get to know each other way more; it's so helpful in meeting new friends and just getting to know your floor better. My Australian university is always renovating and building new buildings to keep the campus up to date and to attract new students. A whole week of orientation is actually a great idea!

I'm excited for classes to start on Monday, I missed this orientation that was during the week so I have to go to it again on Wednesday, o well. I have to run now I'll write again later tonight probably.

2 comments:

  1. yeah that part sucks about coinage.... i had sooo manu pound coins and such. it was redic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything sucks about SCSU. Everyone here should just go to school there...

    ReplyDelete