Friday, February 18, 2011

Finally at Griffith

Sorry for not being able to get on anytime sooner. I've had a hectic week and finally have Internet so I can continue blogging about this unforgettable experience. The question is where do I start, so much has happened in the last week it is unbelievable. I'm absolutely in love with this place everyone is so friendly. The first week I stayed in Cairns, which is really just full of tourists, but fun nonetheless.

The Great Barrier Reef is truly AMAZING!!! That was by far the highlight of my time here. I was able to snorkel and scuba dive it. It is a whole different world down there it is hard to come up with words that actually describe it; just so surreal. I also did some volunteer work planting trees and a local farm/nature preserve. I was also able to see the rainforest and had a duck boat tour which was interesting. Oh yeah we did a party bus/pub crawl deal and it was a great time, I had so much fun. I'll leave out the juicy details since my parents and such and reading this, sorry.

I just got to campus on Thursday, which was Wednesday for you guys. The campus is bigger than SCSU and has a lot of wildlife on it. It's crazy how the animals just roam around and get within a foot of you. I'll take pictures of some when I can and when I see more. My feet are pretty shredded from all the walking I've done in the last week. I'm finally staying in tonight for the first time since I've arrived; we've had some pretty crazy experiences to say the least.

Now about today, I did some shopping got some school supplies, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, Tim Tam, and the other guys got their phones finally. That made things more simple since we are able to just communicate that way instead of setting a time and a place to meet. I'm really enjoying it here and using a night for reflection is probably for the best. I'll leave this one at that talk to you all again tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I am really jealous! To explore the great barrier reef is on my bucket list!! I cant wait to see pics! Keep making lots of memories!!!!

    ReplyDelete