Saturday, February 19, 2011

O-Week has started

So, people finally moved in yesterday and it made things so much better. I met a bunch of Aussies, which was exactly what I've been waiting for. It's actually pretty ridiculously hot, so I've bought 2 fans and have them on full bore to try to keep me modestly cool. There is supposed to be a heat wave tomorrow and it'll get up to 40 Celsius, I might die. I also bought an alarm clock and some water.

Funny story, I was shaving the other night and my razor died, so when I went to charge it it got fried. I had a half shaved beard and no shaving cream, tragedy. Luckily Mara brought over some woman shaving cream and I was able to finish the deed. I ended up going to the mall the next day and getting a new electric razor and shaving cream in case something terrible happens again, but I'm hoping for the best.

Besides that we started O-Week yesterday and had a couple activities like tea brunch, BBQ, floor meeting/icebreaker and not to mention speed dating. Today we have to make flags and then are playing capture the flag tonight. Tomorrow we have a scavenger hunt of Brisbane and then laser tag at night; I'm pretty excited for the scavenger hunt it should be quite fun and I get to explore the city more. Then on Tuesday we have a Market Day which is like Main Street at SCSU. Tuesday night is what we are all looking forward to we have a toga party which is the first night that we can drink on campus, it'll be crazy. Wednesday is a pretty chill day nothing to special and on Thursday we are going to the Gold Coast and then have a pub crawl in the afternoon which should be a lot of fun if it's like the last one we did in Cairns. Friday we have Jello wrestling and a eating challenge should be pretty interesting. Saturday we have a water park at the Gold Coast and then the bar on campus opens, which they call the Uni Bar. Sunday is just a hangout day and then we start class on Monday; I can't wait.

4 comments:

  1. hahahahaahaha yeah watch out for the outlets lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are super busy and having a lot of fun :D HAHAHAHA "half shaved beard" lol that is really funny! I thought you had a good converter???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "women shaving cream" i hope your neck and chin smell like lavender now... lmao

    ReplyDelete