Saturday, February 5, 2011

5 Days Remaining

The cyclone that was worrying me has passed and everything seems to be fine in Cairns. They did move some of the orientations to Brisbane; the people that arrived between Feb. 4 and Feb. 9 were moved to Brisbane. Luckily I'm arriving after that and get to go to the Great Barrier Reef still, you have no idea how excited I am! 

The last couple of days I've been trying to see everyone I possibly can before I leave, which means I've been running around visiting people left and right. I went to a job fair yesterday just to pass time; it was interesting. I did end up getting to see one of my friends who I haven't seen in FOREVER since she was doing an internship abroad (lucky right). 

As for packing goes, well I haven't gotten that far, yet. I'm thinking when Monday rolls around I'm going to try to get everything packed and see if my luggage is the right weight and so on. Until then I want to take it easy before I have to start this crazy year I have ahead of me that couldn't make me more excited. I'll be doing plenty of traveling outside and inside of the U.S.A. it'll be an adventure. One thing I have done is I'm trying to get my iPod up to date before I leave; that is one long plane ride/s I have in store for me. It's important to have good music, I might go crazy otherwise. One artist I must recommend to EVERYONE is Israel Cannan. He's from Australia, and I just love his stuff. 

I think that is it for now. 5 days and counting my next post will probably be on Wednesday the night before I leave. The anticipation is killing me.

2 comments: