Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Night Before Departure

How do I start my last blog entry from the confines of where I've lived for 20 years? I couldn't tell you; what I can tell you is that up until tonight I wasn't hit with the nervous, anxious, excited, sad bug. The more I think about it the more I yearn to explore. Don't get me wrong I'll miss my family and friends immensely, but I'm ready to explore this wonderful place we call earth.

Today I hung out with Curt, Steph, and Ryan; it was a wonderful time and it'll be weird walking up and not seeing them since I've pretty much lived at Ryan and Curt's place this whole break. Tonight it finally caught up to me, I'm actually leaving. I'm not just a short drive away from home I'm on a completely different continent with complete strangers in a place that is alien to me. To be honest, I've never been more excited in my life; this would normally take people out of their comfort zone, but not with me. I've came to conquer this challenge they call life and I'm taking it by the horns.

I truly believe that it is essential for people to travel to get a better grasp on reality. I'm going into this with a completely open mindset, willing to make the most of every opportunity that I get. I'm literally leaving the state of Minnesota for a solid year and that is finally starting to set in. I mean, I've virtually been in the same location my whole life and ever since I graduated high school I wondered what my life would be like when I got older, well now I get a little taste of the real world. I know to many people that aren't willing to step out of their comfort zones and it's a shame, live a little. The world is far to big to stay in one place your whole life.

Now after sitting here staring at my computer for 5 minutes and not typing I'd have to say this may be the greatest feeling ever......pure bliss. I finally feel like I'm doing something that is life changing; I've worked hard for many years and in 2011 it is really starting to take shape. If someone would of asked me 3 years ago if I think I would be going to Australia and interning for IBM in Washington DC in the same year I would of called you crazy. It is still a littler surreal to me, but here I am the night before I leave for Australia sitting in my basement with my booking confirmation and my acceptance letter from IBM. This might be the moment in time where I sit there and say this is why I did what I did, this is who I want to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BZlgCIhyXU

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you blogging, too. The German seems to inspire you. :) have fun and enjoy the time there. Told you that 2011 is gonna be awesome. Big changes happen, but stay the nice guy you are. Looking forward to reading from you.
    Cu, Markus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care, and dont do something stupid and dont do anything i wouldnt! hahaha which isnt a lot =P

    ReplyDelete