Saturday, March 12, 2011

Easter Break and School

It has been awhile since I posted last, I had a cold and am just getting over it now. So, to catch everyone back up, I forgot yo mention I was going to Fiji for my Easter break. We have it all planned and paid for it'll be two other Americans and myself going and we have 1 night on the main land and then 5 nights on Beachcomber island. I'm pretty excited for it everything is set for use just need to show up at the airport! I'm doing that on April 24th and coming back April 30 (my birthday). I'll still be able to celebrate my birthday with everyone here on campus in Brisbane, which is kind of nice.

On to what I've been doing this last week; I've had a nasty cold and thankfully it's about gone, I just have a cough every now and then. Last night we were going to go to Pizza Hut for their buffet somehow we got messed up with the buses at Mt. Gravatt and missed it, so we just went into the city and hit up Queens Street to find a place to eat. For everyone that doesn't know what Queens Street is, it's the main street in Brisbane where all the stores are and places to eat. We roomed around there looking for a place to eat for awhile; there were long lines everywhere, but we ended up settling for Pig 'n' Whistle. I think that was the name, don't quote me on it. It was kind of expensive, but we were all just hungry at the time and ordered anyway. I spent $20 for a burger and some chips (fries). Even with missing the bus to take us to Pizza Hut, I still think it was an awesome night. I'm just keen to go to downtown Brisbane any night. I like living close to the city; it's a nice change from living in St. Cloud where I have to drive an hour to get to a real city. There is always so much going on in Brisbane. After we were done eating we walked to Southbank and looked around; I took some picture on my mobile phone, but I'm still figuring out how to get them on my computer.  

On Friday we are all planning on going to Queens Street for some shopping; I mean we all want to look fashionable. I'm pretty excited for that, get me some Australian style. Tonight I'm going to a soccer game; I'm not that big of a fan of soccer, but I'm only in Brisbane once might as well do it all! I also am getting a fair bit of assignment in class and I'm definitely not used to it. I'm still getting used to the self-teaching aspect of uni here. 

I also just got a gym membership here too. Our floor has been pretty good about it and we usually go for runs  at night, so at least we are trying to stay in shape. I think I'm going to try to get a ticket to the State of Origin rugby game at the end of May. I think we are going to Sydney in a couple of week and Melbourne. Hopefully we can get to Fraser Island. I'll try to keep up to date with my blogs. Cheer!









No comments:

Post a Comment