Sunday, March 20, 2011

Assignments, Traveling, and Queens Street

Last week was slightly busy, I finally have been to all my lectures and tutorials. My first assignment was due last week and I'm hoping I get good marks on it; I'll be finding out on Thursday. I'm still getting used to things here and should probably start my paper/presentation that is due next week. On top of that I have a quiz in a week in the same class; this week should be pretty busy for me. 

So, a date has been set and plans have been made, we are going to Melbourne from March 31 to April 3. I'm pretty excited we are finally getting some traveling done. I've found it harder and harder to find days where everyone can go, definitely wasn't as easy as first anticipated. I'm still working on finding a weekend to make it to Sydney. There are a couple people on our floor who want to go to Fraser Island for like a weekend and we are working that out too. It would be heaps of fun, since we've all become really good friends and a camping trip would be nice. I want to go visit the Whitsundays maybe even sail them, but we'll see how that works out. I do still have New Zealand coming up before I head back to America, which I'm excited about. Fiji is about a month away and that should be a really fun time, super exited! 

This last week a bunch of us went to Queens Street and went shopping. It was a good time, I bought two pairs of jeans and a pair of dress shoes. Queens Street is pretty much their giant shopping street. It's pretty nice you can walk to all different stores and go into a mall like area and then go outside to the shops out there. It's in the heart of the city, so it's usually quite busy. 

We went to the valley this weekend too. It was quite the experience, even if we didn't really drink, everything is even more expensive there. The valley is where all the clubs and stuff are and downtown is where all the bars are; we spend most of our time downtown. This was the first time at the valley and my first time to a club and I enjoyed it.  

Oh, to wrap it up here I got tickets to the State of Origin game; it's a really big rugby game where Queensland plays New South Wales. They do it every year and it's a best of three; we are going to the first game. Other than that I think I've mentioned just about everything. 




No comments:

Post a Comment